Saturday, March 22, 2014

...then there was that time that the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade got Rick Rolled.....

Back in 2008, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends was a pretty popular show for Cartoon Network.
That year we wanted to have a float in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and I was fortunate enough to help with the overall concept. I got to go to NYC and work with the puppeteers and to help choreograph the performance. It was a great experience. 
I did some of the conceptualization and put together the crude movie above to help sell the idea to the network brass. I think the whole thing was the show creator's idea...the brilliant Mr. Craig McKracken. I'm not sure if he also came up with the idea of getting "Rick Rolled" in the middle of the performance.
Here's a link to the actual performance....epic!